Retirement Plan Management
Customized Retirement Planning. For Your Business. For Your Future.
A business retirement plan can help you attract and retain quality employees, reduce your current taxes and invest for a secure future.
Empire State Asset Management will partner with you to design and implement a plan that meets your business’ unique situation and goals. With 21 years of experience in the securities and financial services industry, Joe is a knowledgeable advisor who “sits on the client’s side of the table.”
Retirement Plans of all types, for organizations of all sizes.
Whether the investments are for one, or one hundred, we focus the plan on your business goals and employee demographics. ESAM utilizes a team of third party administrators, group benefits and investment product specialists to provide solid solutions to today’s ever-challenging retirement plan needs.
We have a defined Retirement Plan Design Process for managing plan development, submission, selection of asset managers, third-party administrator, and custodian, through approval and implementation, that leaves you free to focus on your business.
Plan participation rate is a critical measure of your plans success, and impacts your financial success – ESAM provides onsite educational meetings to enhance and encourage plan participation.
Don’t Get in Trouble with the Department of Labor
Is your company in transition – buying/selling/acquiring?
- Have you conducted a liability audit of the defined benefit programs?
- Are the Company 401(k) fund expenses reasonable? Is the selection of funds appropriate for the needs of the employees?
- To merge plans or to terminate? – what is best for your business interest?
- Be aware, even if a plan has been completely terminated, the IRS reserves the right to audit the plan for up to 5 years.
ESAM offers a due diligence checklist service to identify if there are any qualification, administration, for fiduciary problems under ERISA. The Due Diligence process and documentation results in audit ready files.
The Employment Retirement Income Security Act (ERSIA) issue:
- Under ERISA’s “prudent-person” rule a plan fiduciary that is not qualified to make informed investment decisions must seek expert assistance.
- Most firms do not have the internal controls in place to ensure operational compliance with plan terms under ERSIA regulations.
- When you do not have the professional experience, selecting and monitoring the investment funds is not only challenging, it is a potential liability.
ESAM provides the liability audit service to uncover the embedded fees, conflicts of interest, service incapabilities and contract limitations inherent in a retirement plan.
Length of Service Award Programs (LOSAPs)
ESAM provides LOSAP program Fiduciary Liability Audits, advisory on state mandated evaluations, investment advisory and management services. We also conduct LOSAP program evaluation services to examine financial conditions, asset allocations and fiduciary investment and control.
Contact ESAM to discuss your LOSAP needs
Schedule a retirement plan review.
We offer full range of tax-advantaged retirement plans, including:
- 401(k) plans
- 403(b) plans
- SEP and Simple IRAs
- Defined benefit plans